Are you fed up with Windows 10 and the headset mic not working? Don’t worry; we’ll show you what you can do. Even though it functions, the microphone can be an annoying peripheral. Yet when it doesn’t work, and we aren’t sure why it can be very frustrating.
There are several possible reasons that this problem arises. We’ve found several solutions that are both quick and easy to use. To get started, let’s take a look at them:
Quick Step & Solutions:
First, make sure that your headset is properly plugged into your computer. Reconnect it if it isn’t working after unplugging it. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your computer. If that doesn’t fix the problem, you can try a few other things.
1. Make sure the mic is not muted:
Firstly, make sure the mic isn’t muted. Mics can sometimes get muted without you realizing it. Your computer’s sound settings can show you whether it is muted. In the sound settings, you should see a section for input.
Check the input section and ensure that the mic is not muted. Then unmute it.
2. Check the mic settings:
The next thing you want to check is the mic settings. In the sound settings, click on the input section and then click on the mic that you’re using.
A new window will open up with the mic settings. Ensure the microphone is not set to low volume in the mic settings. Try increasing the volume of the microphone if it is set low.
3. Adjust the audio settings:
You may need to adjust the audio settings if the mic is still not working. In the sound settings, click on the output section. Ensure your headphones or speakers are set as the default device in the output section.
Try again after setting them as the default device.
4. Update the drivers:
If you’re still having trouble, it may be due to outdated drivers. Drivers are the software that allows your computer to communicate with the hardware. Outdated drivers can cause problems, including the headset mic not working. To update the drivers, you can use a driver update tool, or you can manually update the drivers.
If you want to update the drivers manually, you can find the drivers on the manufacturer’s website.
5. Check for interference:
If you’re using a wireless headset, there may be interference from other devices. To check for interference, turn off all the devices in the room that use Bluetooth or WiFi.
6 Effective ways to fix: Headset Mic Not Working Windows 10 –
1) Perform a test on it:
To rule out possible suspects, we will apply the technique of checking its operation. We’ll see if it’s just muted or if the levels have been lowered.
Apply the following functions below:
- You can open “Settings” by hitting “gear” on the left side of the start screen.
- You can access the audio options by selecting “sound” once the program is open.
- After that, click “microphone properties.” Click “additional device properties” in the new window.
- Click on the “levels” tab in the new window to see how loud the volume is. If it is muted, unmute it.
2) How to install a microphone with Windows 10:
- Raise the volume bar if it is lowered. You can use the Windows voice recorder to test the microphone’s functionality and the “settings” menu.
- Lastly, you should verify that the microphone does not have a physical mute out by a button with a similar effect. You should also check the connection of the microphone to the plate.
3) Input device by default:
Windows 10’s microphone was not working due to this “nonsense”. You may have to do this as it is not a universal solution.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On the taskbar, double-click the speaker. You will see a volume mixer.
- Select “System sounds” from the mixer.
- Click the “Burn” tab to open a new window.
- Click on the “Default” button and select your microphone.
- You can access the speaker by double-clicking it on the taskbar. When you right-click on an empty space, select “Show disabled devices” to view the deactivated devices.
- Disable the microphone if you see it.
- Check the issue by using the voice recorder or microphone.
4) Activation of applications will take place as follows:
This solution will take you back to the Windows settings. There are times when all you have to do is activate an obvious option that you didn’t even think of.
The process is as follows:
- In the previous solutions, we accessed the Settings panel.
- Go to the Privacy tab. Within the window, select “Microphone” on the left.
- The instrument appears under “Allow applications to access the microphone“. You need to make sure that it is “on”.
- If you go to the Applications screen, you’ll see the ones that don’t have access to your microphone, so it won’t work in those applications.
5) The administrator of the device:
A few things could be wrong with the hardware, such as an outdated driver. Let’s tap around the microphone in the device manager. Click:
- The device manager should be open. You can locate it by searching in the Control Panel or the Start Menu.
- Select “Audio inputs and outputs” from the drop-down menu. Select “update driver” by right-clicking on “Microphone”.
- A solution to this problem is to disable and re-enable it.
- Whenever it crashes, try uninstalling and reinstalling the device.
6) Providing audio support for Windows:
A funny thing can happen when you attach a microphone to Windows 10: the Audio service stops working.
There are times when the microphone:
- We will start by opening the Windows services menu from the Start menu. To do this, simply type “services” into the Start menu, and you should be able to find them.
- Upon entering the program, we need to find “Windows Audio”.
- Click on the right-click menu and choose “Properties” once you find it. Select the “Automatic” option under “Startup type” in the “General” tab once inside.
- The only thing left is to restart the service once you give him permission. Select Windows Audio from the right-click menu by right-clicking on it.
- Check that the PC works properly by restarting it.
Trying a different microphone will allow you to determine whether or not the problem is software or hardware. There is no benefit to laptop microphone users from this “fix”.
Hopefully, you have found one or more of these solutions useful for that microphone that isn’t working in Windows 10. Would you like to ask a question? Please comment below. Now you know how to fix not working headset microphones in Windows 10. Please let us know of any other methods that you know of so that we can provide better support for everyone.